Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 19. Podcasts

I'll admit it--I'm the last person in the U.S. without a MP3 player. I don't have an Ipod, haven't converted my CDs to digital to be kept snugly on my hard drive, listen to nothing fancier while driving in my ancient Chevy than those shiny silver disks. Yet I like podcasts, even if I have to listen to 'em on my pc. It's just way cool that you can listen to stuff other than music when just strolling around--although the tunes are good, too. (Ex: Minnesota Public Radio's Current has a podcast with the 'caster's favorite gee-tar solos and discussion thereof.) And great that so many educational institutions such as universities, libraries and museums are making podcasts available. One problem, and it's a "good" one: as with much of the 2.0 world, there's almost too many interesting podcasts from which to choose.

1 comment:

Toland back in HS said...

Boy, you said it! One can easily feel they are under an IPod avalanche.

 
Locations of visitors to this page