Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 16. Student 2.0 Tools

If I worked in an academic library, or taught classes, I definitely could see the usefulness of student 2.0 tools. Both the Research Project calculator and the U. of M. Assignment calculator provide a guiding structure (timelines, strategy recommendations, worksheets, tips, etc.) that would be especially useful for students learning how to organize their scholarship. I could also see the value for those unorganized grownups I see around me. Nonetheless, I don't see much in either of these calculators for library project management. Other tools are better, such as Doodle or Ikordo (for scheduling/sharing meeting dates), Zoho or Google docs for sharing apps, or Nexo for file sharing, meeting setup, collaboration in general. And there's always good ol' wikis.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page